20.5.18

Sunday Post/Stacking the Shelves: Rainy Weather, Morning TV, and Binge Reading





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

New Books: 

For Review: 


Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager 
Eagle & Crane by Suzanne Rindell 
The Banker's Wife by Christina Alger 

Much thanks goes to Penguin, First to Read, HarperTeen & The Fantastic Flying Book Club! 

Books Read this Week:  


Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi: I was hesitant to start this as the reviews I've seen have been incredibly mixed, but I ended up really liking it. It's a fast paced read, one that chronicles the many ups and downs of a sudden relationship. I thought Anica did a great job of addressing abusive relationships in this, and I LOVED the friendship between the main character and her best friend. It won't be for everyone, but I think it will definitely find its place among contemporary lovers. 

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager: SO GOOD. Everyone's been telling me for AGES how good Riley's books are, but of course, I didn't listen. I need to read Final Girls asap! 

All of This is True by Lygia Day PeƱaflor: One of my most anticipated books of the spring, and it didn't disappoint! I've seen this compared to Pretty Little Liars, and that comparison definitely rang true. It's incredibly readable - I didn't put it down once - and there's such a deliciously dramatic tone to it. While I could see the big twist coming from the beginning, I didn't feel too left down by that. Lygia took this book an interesting pathway, and while I think some more could have been said, it's still a solid book. 

Fair Game by Taylor Lunsford: I can't believe how fast I tore through this book! I never expected to love it as much as I did. It's nerdy, sweet, and incredibly hot. There's also a mystery involved. 

Love Beyond Opposites (Grad Night #3) by Molly E. Lee: Just as cute as the previous Grad Night book! I also adored the epilogue. 

The Lies They Tell by Gillian French: Meh...not for me 

Out of Left Field by Kris Hui Lee: Double meh...not for me as well 

August and Everything After by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski: Not exactly what I had expected, but I still enjoyed it. I loved the setting even though it's making me crave the beach more than ever. 

The Queen of Hearts by Kimmery Martin: This has been described as being similar to Grey's Anatomy and that is exactly what I got. Kimmery did an amazing job of diving into the many intricate details of a long-term friendship, and the ending still has me thinking...

Under a Storm-Swept Sky by Beth Anne Miller: The scenery in this book was superb! The main characters go on a hiking trip through Scotland, and if you don't get incredible wanderlust from it, I'll be shocked. It got a little shaky towards the end, as I felt that it was a tad too long, but overall a sweet and emotional romance. 

One Baby Daddy by Meghan Quinn: LOVED IT! 

What I'm Currently Reading: 


The Banker's Wife by Cristina Alger: At the very beginning of this one so not too much to say about it just yet. 

Lies by T.M. Logan: I actually started this one a while back, but I'm just now getting back into it. It started off rough, but it's slowly gaining traction. The "bad guy"  is super creepy! 

Posts You May Have Missed: 

Monday: Spotlight Tour for August and Everything After (Review & Giveaway!) 
Thursday: Review for Foolish Hearts  
Friday: Review for August and Everything After 
Saturday: Review of One Baby Daddy & Reviews for Out of Left Field, Love Between Opposites, and The Lies They Tell

Life Update: 

How I managed to read 11 books this week, I'll never know. I feel like I'm either in a read-read-read-read mood or I-CAN'T-read-anything-why-are-all-these-books-NOT-working mood. There is no in between, it's all or nothing lol 

I'm finally catching up on reviews, which is good considering how much I read this week. I'm also proud of myself for already reading 2 out of my 4 new books. Makes me feel like I have my life together. 

Other than that, it's been a relatively slow week. Some family events but that's about it. I was in a baking mood so I made chocolate chip cookies, and I have to say they were really good. Not my best, but still high up there. I've had some free time in my mornings lately so I've fallen into the morning television trap *hides face* it's so easy to get sucked in. But you know you've been watching too much of it when half of your conversations involve "well on Live with Ryan and Kelly/Ellen/GMA, they said..." lol 

Last but not least: I started a new Netflix show this week: Safe, which was created by Harlan Coban. It's not exactly what I had expected, but somehow I've managed to fly through the first four episodes on Saturday morning (I think the rainy dreary weather played a big role in it). Have any of you watched it? 

Have a great week everyone! 

8 comments:

  1. I love Harlan Coben so I do want to watch Safe. Of course, you need power to do that so maybe I will get started next week. 11 books in week?! What is your secret? I don't know that I will finish that many in the month the way things are going. Have a great week, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you sleep at all this week?! I can get a bunch of books knocked out, but some are audiobooks. I have been putting off All of This is True because of the mixed reviews, so I am glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lies They Tell is on my list...and I also want Eagle & Crane. I have Lies, and can't wait to read it.

    Enjoy your week, and here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am so jealous! 11 books? Here I am congratulating myself on finishing 4 this week! LOL. 4 is a good week for me! I am on track to finish 11 or more books for the month total though! So that's something right?!?! LOL. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great haul! Looking forward to your thoughts on Riley Sager's new book. I was a little underwhelmed by Final Girls, but the concept was so great I'd like to give her another try :) Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, you read so many books! That's insane! Fair Game sounds really good - I love nerdy. :D Happy reading, Lauren!

    Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how did you read 11 books? I can barely do that in a month. I have cookie dough in the fridge, but I’m too lazy to make it. (Maybe laziness is why I can’t read 11 books a week?) Have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Last Time I Lied, it looks good and glad to hear that it is! Yay for good thrillers! Sorry to hear about the Lies they Tell though- I have that one to read so I've been curious...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com